Our apartment had an oven; it didn't work that well. That's normally not a problem for Elders, but we were going to bake a cake (or cookies) for someone in the ward. Luckily for us, there was a wonderful sister who lived down the street from us and said we could use her kitchen while she was away. I don't remember her name, but she was a convert and used to be Jehovah's Witness. Anyways, we got our ingredients and walked on over one day.
Well, she had warned us about her cats. We knew that they might try to escape. I promise, we were very careful. But alas, one of the slippery little devils escaped. Elder Mickey and I ran after the cat... "Where's Elder Forester?" I wondered. I turned around, and he was on his knees, saying a short prayer. What a wonderful lesson for me that day from a humble senior companion. He knew there was no way we were going to catch the cat. The first thought for Elder Mickey and I was to try and catch it before it got too far. The first thought that Elder Forester had was to petition our Father for help.
After he finished his very short prayer, he helped us chase the cat for about two minutes. Then, Elder Forester caught the beast, and we were able to go into the house and start baking.

No comments:
Post a Comment